Coach & Manager Information - U6s - U11s
Coach and Manager Registration
Are you a current Coach or Team Manager? If so, you must be registered correctly in the My Football Club ('MFC') web site to participate in Season 2018.
|What is your current registration status in MyFootballClub ('MFC')?
|I have registered with MFC and I know my FFA number
||Check current rego status here
|I have registered with MFC but need to locate my FFA number to check my registration status
||Find your FFA number here
|I have never registered with MFC
Our Miniroos teams train every Monday evening at 6pm from 12 March 2018 - 30 July, 2018. (excl: 2 April, 11 June, 9 July, 16 July). Training takes places at the Pennant Hills Soccer Centre, Pennant Hills Park.
Coach & Manager Photos
The Coach and Manager must email a head & shoulders photo to firstname.lastname@example.org before the start of Season 2018.
Working with Children in 2018
Working With Children check (WWC) is a strict requirement by FFANSW and the GHFA and must be completed by all coaches and managers for all Coaches and Managers working with U6s - U11's. The working with Children check includes a requirement for you to visit a Service NSW centre to identify yourself. For more information, see our Working With Children online resource.
- Team admin
- Assist Age Manager in the collection of outstanding forms, money, photos, and proof of age
- Maintain a team contact list, supplied by your Age Manager, and notify Age Manager of any changes.
- Collect photo ID cards from your age manager during the week prior to the start of season. You will be notified of their availability by your age manager.
- Keep your Age Manager informed of any team issues or problems and notify them of all instances of abusive or overly aggressive behaviour by players, parents or other club or opposition members.
- Distribute information provided by your Age Manager. Ensure all families know to consult www.pennofc.com.au
- Introduce your team parents and coaches to the ‘ALL NEW’ TeamApp. More information re TeamApp to follow.
- Prepare a roster for washing the team shirts each week. Preferably these should be returned to coach or manager on training night to avoid match-day panic. Ensure everyone knows not to tumble-dry shirts as this can cause serious damage. Girls are not required to return their shirts each week but must provide their shirt to the team manager if they will miss the weekend’s game.
- Ensure the team portal on the newTeamAppis updated with all current information relating to match times and venues - this information will be available once the draw is released in the coming weeks.
- Ensure sufficient players are available for each match. Plan ahead for school holidays/Band Camp etc.. If you cannot find enough eligible players and must forfeit, inform your Age Manager ASAP. Mini’s must notify their age manager in advance so that the opposition can be notified. The club will be fined & a larger fine applies for notification after 4pm Friday before the match.
- If there has been heavy rain during the 24 hrs before your training session, check www.Pennofc.com.au to see if grounds have been closed. Council will fine us for using a closed oval. If in doubt, contact your Age Manager.
- Notify your team on TeamApp ASAP if a Saturday match or training is cancelled (see Wet Weather, below).
- Check www.Pennofc.com.au and TeamApp regularly for general news and information as well as ground closure information. Match draws for all clubs are available at the GHFA website (www.ghfa.com.au). Wet weather recorded messages are available from Hornsby Council 9847-6764 or Ryde Council 9952-8244. Note that after 2pm Friday any ground closures are GHFA’s decision or the relevant club’s decision.
- Read the GHFA information particularly the small sided game handout information and have a look at the by-laws
of particular note for NON-COMP is by-law 7 as below
- Ensure players and parents are aware they should get to each game with sufficient time to warm up, get into team shirt, and receive instructions.
- Ensure photo ID cards (issued by your age manager) are available at each match. As a backup, at least one other parent should carry a list of all players’ FFA numbers. Age Manager will supply a printout of all Player photo’s & ID numbers before the season begins.
- You will generally not have a referee provided as it is non-competition. Both teams have to provide a referee or game facilitator for one half.
- After the match you may submit a match report on www.Pennofc.com.au . These are meant to be fun for minis to see their own name on the web. Remember to just use first names with or without an initial.
- Coach and Manager must wear armbands and club polo shirts during each match or the club may be fined. Only armband-wearers are allowed on the field, and then only at the referee’s invitation if a player is injured or needs special attention,
- Football NSW insurance covers injuries during games, training & warm-ups.
- Football NSW Insurance requires that no player wear a cap with a stiff peak.
- Under FIFA laws, no player can play without shin pads. Shin pads are also required for training.
- Eye glasses may be worn at the coach’s discretion, but they must have plastic lenses, no sharp corners, and be securely fastened. Check the rules on GHFA site www.ghfa.com.au.
- Under FIFA laws no jewellery may be worn by players during a game.
- Never allow an unregistered player or a player from a higher age-group or division to participate. To do so may invalidate insurance and expose all club officials (coaches, managers, and committee) to civil court action and the club may be heavily fined.
- Blood rule – a bleeding player will be asked to leave the field and may not re-enter the field until cleaned and patched up and at the referee’s discretion.
- Encourage all players to bring a named drinking water bottle to matches and training.
- Ground closures will be posted on the web site (www.Pennofc.com.au ).
- Both Hornsby Shire Council and the Pennant Hills Football Club have the authority to close grounds for training.
- The Hornsby Shire Grounds, if open, are handed over to GHFA at 2:00pm on Friday. The GHFA then makes the decision on whether to cancel any or all games by 7:00am Saturday morning. If you arrive at the game and you believe the ground is not fit for play, the game can be abandoned by mutual agreement between the opposing team managers. If agreement can’t be reached, please contact your Age Manager.
- If you have checked the website and have not heard of any cancellations from a club official then assume your game is ON.
- If in doubt, players and parents should contact their Team Manager. If necessary, Team Managers should contact their Age Manager.
Canteen and Lost Property
- The canteen at Pennant Hills Soccer Centre (Penno No. 3) is run by Arthur Krahe. There is no longer a parent roster for canteen duty. Please be sure to thank him for his efforts when you see him. It is there for the benefit of patrons.
- All lost property will be stored at the canteen and can be collected when the Canteen is open.
- GHFA website has a link showing the location of all GHFA grounds.
- Ern Holmes and Pennant Hills Soccer centre (formerly Penno ovals No. 2 & No. 3) are setup for play early on the morning of each game day and packed away after the final match. Each team will be required to supply volunteers to carry out this task at least once during the season. Generally the team on set up is drawn to be playing the first game of the day and likewise for pack up, last team packs down. Age Managers will advise.
Ern Holmes Fundraising BBQ
- The Under 6 - Under 11 age groups are responsible for resourcing our fundraising BBQ at Ern Holmes on Saturday every week. The funds raised go towards playing strip, training shirts and club training equipment and coaching resources. A roster for the season will be issued to all teams once the draw is released in the coming weeks. Our aim is to roster (where possible) when teams are playing at Ern Holmes at some during the morning on the saturday. BBQ setup and pack down procedures are available and will be avaiuable online ahead of the season commencing. For more information regarding the BBQ please email email@example.com.
Gear and Equipment
- Uniforms (shorts, socks, shinpads, jackets, caps, beanies etc.) can be purchased from the canteen at Penno No. 3 on game days and on Thursday evenings prior to season once training commences. Enquiries regarding uniform sales should be sent to the equipment officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify your Age Manager or one of the Registrars ASAP if a player wishes to deregister. If GHFA is notified prior to the first competition game, the player will receive a full refund. If notified prior to last Friday in May, the player will receive a 50% refund.
End of Season
- Please return all equipment and have it signed off BEFORE presentation day. Teams that have not returned their gear on or before Presentation Day will not receive trophies/medals.
- Please encourage all players to attend presentation day and attend presentation day yourself.
- Pennant Hills Football Club enjoys a reputation for fair play and fair dealings throughout the Association and our community. The fair manner with which we treat our referees is second nature to most of us. The following items have been provided to remind us all of our obligations with respect to our match officials.
- Club policy is that all available team players receive equal game time. Equality can be achieved each match, or over a longer period if a roster is kept.
- Be enthusiastic! Help players to do their best and enjoy themselves. Placate parents. Remember football is meant to be FUN.
FIFA – laws of the game – see http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/officialdocuments/doclists/laws.html